Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Jam pots

It seems that there is this grouping of jam pots that every B&B must have...and they can't be found anywhere as they aren't made anymore. Perhaps you or your grandparents have them -- they are round with a top with a plastic fruit encased in it. The series is: Strawberries, peaches, raspberries and blueberries. Apparently, the blueberry one is very rare. So after hearing about the rarity of these jam pots from several people, Laura was out and about and FOUND A BLUEBERRY ONE!! Very inexpensive -- I think it is her favorite purchase thus far.

The Blockhouse Hill B&B is wonderful. A separate sitting room where they bring coffee and the paper in the early morn. Marian makes her own granola and it was wonderful on peaches from their peach tree. There are very few peaches left on the tree but if I stretched my arm out one of my windows in the bedroom I could reach one.

Walked around the Dartmouth harbor last night and tipped a pint of Kieth's at the pub and listened to some amazing music. Going to finish up my coffee, do some reading of the places I'm headed then catch the little ferry across the harbour to Halifax to learn more about the explosion of the Narrows -- the whole reason I came!

Hope all is well in Minnesota. Read/heard of the 'friendly fire' between us and Canada -- what a horrible term, friendly fire, but can't think of another one.

Actually, I'm almost ready to be home. Last night I had my first feeling of being homesick.

Will blog more later!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home